Hardware engineer intern at imc
who we are and what we do
IMC is a leading global market maker with offices in Europe, the US and Asia-Pacific. We use algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities across multiple trading venues. Our vital role, at the centre of the financial markets, provides liquidity for buyers and sellers worldwide.
In the late 1980s, IMC quickly identified the importance of technology in the fast-evolving trading environment. Our passion for innovation continues to drive us today. Although our company has grown rapidly over recent decades, we still approach our work with the same entrepreneurial spirit, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and innovation. We like our people to think for themselves and we give them the responsibility and support they need to make an impact. This means real work as well as dedicated training programmes and mentors.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun – whether solving complex challenges or taking part in teambuilding, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute to a better society through
what's different about a technology career at imc?
At IMC, technology is not a department; it’s at the heart of everything we do. Since the late 1980s, we’ve pioneered the use of technology to advance the development of market making and low-latency trading. Today, our technologists work alongside traders in multidisciplinary teams to push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
your journey as a hardware engineer intern
Our 12-week internship is your chance to learn what it means to be an engineer in a real-world environment. It’s about much more than just writing code: you’ll gain insight into IMC’s FPGA development process, get to know IMC’s unique business model and build valuable connections with our trading and technology teams. Where you go from here is up to you – the majority of our interns secure a graduate position before the end of the programme.
what you can expect
As a hardware engineer intern, you will
- Learn what it means to be an engineer in a real world environment
- Enhance you knowledge of working on and with FPGAs, working with the latest technology and
writing fluent code
- Build knowledge of our business model and build relations across our trading and technology teams
- Have access to classroom sessions, pair programming and peer reviews
reasons why this is your future internship
- You thrive working on meaningful and challenging projects
- You want to do much more than just write code and design technology
- You’re aiming to secure a graduate position before actually graduating
what we look for
- In (pen)ultimate year of Computer Science, Software Engineering degree or a related field
- Strong analytical skills and a desire to solve complicated problems programmatically
- Proficient experience in a programming language (C++, Python or (System-) Verilog preferred)
- Genuine interest in financial markets, though no prior knowledge or experience is required
- Available for at least 12 weeks